Friday 22 June 2007

Fashion Depression?

Living in London on my own, in a little shoe box flat, with two rabbits who've eaten most of the furniture, provides many opportunities for one to feel a twang of misery.

Yet nothing makes me more miserable than creating a fashion shopping list, with the organizational skills of a dictator who is losing a grip on his land, only to get to said shops and find that nothing fits. Too short, too stumpy, bottom too large, feet to wide - it all leads to an incredible feeling of foreboding that nothing is *ever* going to go my way.

In fact, the only thing that can be relied upon is handbags. Expensive ones. If not for them, I would seem but a tramp to the city masses around me.

I work in Putney - for a company where spending two hours preparing your hairstyle in the morning seems the norm, no less. I haven't been to a hairdresser since January, and I gave up straightening it around about the same time. I fear I'm about two weeks shy of being nominated to appear on 'ten years younger'.

My only real consolation is that, whilst I may not be the 'it' girl of South West London's work scene, at least I'm not in a prison finding God.

In other news:

My Yahoo! shares are circling the drain, and have been for months. The news that Terry Semel has stepped down and there is a 16% drop in profits in the first quarter of 2007 alone does not bode well for any imminent rise in their fortune.

With my much anticipated trip to Cuba, less than two weeks away, I am also saddened to hear of the death of Cuba's First Lady.

Should I worry about Fidel Castro also? I have been trying to organise a trip to Cuba for nearly a year, making sure I beat the American's to the island. Old cars, old bars, old cigars... I can think of nothing better. I wish the rest of the Castro family good health, and heartfelt sympathy in this time of grief.

No comments: